Downloading and copying the DHCP lease visibility plug-in to the DNS/DHCP Server
- You must have a Quay account.
- You must have a Docker CLI password.
You can create one by clicking Generate Encrypted Password under Docker CLI Password on the Account Settings page in Quay.
- Log in to the console of your local machine.
- Log in to Quay from the console using the following
docker login quay.io
- At the prompt, enter your Quay user name and password obtained when generating the encrypted password.
- Download the DHCP lease visibility plug-in from Quay using the following
docker pull quay.io/bluecat/msdhcp_lease_visibility:21.1
- Save the DHCP lease visibility plug-in to a tarball file using the following
docker save quay.io/bluecat/msdhcp_lease_visibility:21.1 | gzip > msdhcp_lease_visibility_21.1.tgz
- Copy the tarball file to the DNS/DHCP Server using the following
scp /path/to/file/msdhcp_lease_visibility_21.1.tgz root@<bdds-ip-address>:.
- At the prompt, enter your DNS/DHCP Server root password.
- Connect to the DNS/DHCP Server using the following
- Start the Docker service on the DNS/DHCP Server using the following
systemctl start docker
- Unpack the image using the following
docker load -i /root/msdhcp_lease_visibility_21.1.tgz
Once you have loaded the image, you can configure Gateway service from the Address Manager UI.
Installing the DHCP lease visibility plug-in on the DNS/DHCP Server
- You must have an Address Manager server configured with the BlueCatGateway UDF and a BlueCat Gateway user. For more information, refer to the 'Configuring BlueCat Gateway' section of the BlueCat Gateway Installation Guide.
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the Servers tab.
- Under Servers, click the name of the DNS/DHCP Server that the DHCP lease visibility plug-in will be installed on.
- Click the server name menu and select Service Configuration.
- From the Service Type drop-down menu, select BlueCat Gateway. Address Manager queries the server and returns the current values for the service settings.
- Under General Settings, set the following parameters:
- Enable Gateway Service—select this checkbox to enable BlueCat Gateway service.
- Ports—enter a list of ports to configure for BlueCat Gateway. The typical ports are 80:8000 and 443:44300.
- Environment Variables—enter a list of environment
variables. Set the following environment variable:
- BAM_IP=<your_bam_ip_address>: The IP address of the Address Manager server that the DHCP lease visibility plug-in will connect to.
- Under Repository Settings, set the following
- Repository—enter quay.io/bluecat/msdhcp_lease_visibility
- Tag—enter 21.1
- Username—leave this blank.
- Password—leave this blank.
- Click Update.
After you click Update, Gateway Service initializes, pulls the images from the cloud or local repository, and initiates the container. Allow some time to register the configuration, after which Address Manager will redirect you to the Service Type dropdown menu page.
mkdir -p /root/gwdata/workflows/installation_ms_dhcp_lease_visibility/dhcp_leases_config/ chown -R 9000.9000 /root/gwdata