Before you begin, ensure that the following prerequisites are met.
BlueCat Address Manager
- You must be running Address Manager v9.2.0 or greater.
- You must have a Configuration where the Microsoft data will be
imported. You can use an existing configuration or create a new configuration.Note: If you are using an existing configuration, the imported data might modify existing Address Manager data, resulting in potential data issues. BlueCat recommends importing the data to a new configuration.
- You must have the necessary configurations for BlueCat Gateway to interact with Address Manager. For more information, refer to the BlueCat Gateway Installation Guide.
- You must have a dedicated API user for executing processes to import DNS and DHCP data into Address Manager. You can use the same API user that interacts with BlueCat Gateway.
- The Address Manager API user must be able to log in to Gateway and execute the workflow used for the import process.
- You must have at least 2 CPUs and 8GB of RAM allocated to the BlueCat Gateway instance that is performing the import process.
Microsoft Windows Servers
- You must be running Microsoft Windows Server 2012 or greater.
- You must have PowerShell execution policy set to
Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned
- You must have a dedicated service account with permissions to run PowerShell commands.
BlueCat Gateway must be able to communicate with BlueCat Address Manager and Microsoft Windows servers using HTTP (TCP port 5985) or HTTPS (TCP port 5986) for remote connections to the Windows WINRM service.
New-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName BC-MSO-HTTPS -Enabled True -Direction Inbound -Protocol TCP -LocalPort 5986 -Action Allow -Profile Domain,Private