Before you begin, ensure that the following prerequisites are met.
- Address Manager v9.0.0 or greater.
- One or more DNS/DHCP Servers v9.0.0 or greater under Address Manager control.
- Docker CE v18.03.1 or greater, Docker EE v17.03.2 or greater, OpenShift 4.3, or RedHat-compiled Docker v1.13.1 installed on the host machine that will be running the BlueCat Server Update Services Adaptive Application.
- Docker Compose v1.28.6 or greater installed on the host machine that will be running the BlueCat Server Update Services Adaptive Application.
|Environment Size||Number of CPUs||CPU Reservation
(126 servers or more)
You must configure the BlueCatGateway UDF and a BlueCat Gateway user on Address Manager. For more information, refer to the 'Configuring BlueCat Gateway' section of the BlueCat Gateway Installation Guide.
User Account Permission Prerequisites
- A Quay account that has been granted access to the BlueCat Server Update Services Adaptive Application for downloading the Adaptive Application.
- An Address Manager Administration account with both GUI and API access for installing and setting up BlueCat Server Update Services.
|BlueCat Server Update Services||Address Manager||80 and 443 (HTTP/HTTPS)||For Gateway access to the Address Manager API|
|BlueCat Server Update Services||Address Manager||5432 (TCP)||For Gateway access to the Address Manager database|
|BlueCat Server Update Services||DNS/DHCP Server||22 (TCP)||For the initial configuration of the DNS/DHCP Servers|
|BlueCat Server Update Services||DNS/DHCP Server||443 (TCP)||For copying upgrade and patch files to the DNS/DHCP Server|
|DNS/DHCP Server||BlueCat Server Update Services||443 (TCP)||For outgoing HTTPS to complete the TCP handshake|
|DNS/DHCP Server||BlueCat Server Update Services||10042 (TCP)||For the communication channel to exchange unencrypted commands and status updates|
|DNS/DHCP Server||BlueCat Server Update Services||10046 (TCP)||For the communication channel to exchange encrypted commands and status updates, using TLS 1.2|