When adding or updating Global IP Address Pools and Sub-Pools in Cisco DNA Center, you can map DNS/DHCP Servers that have been added in Cisco DNA Center to those Global IP Pools and Sub-Pools. Mapping the DNS/DHCP Servers to the pool in Cisco DNA Center adds a deployment role to the DNS/DHCP Server in Address Manager.
The servers in Cisco DNA Center that have the same interface IP address as the DNS/DHCP Server address in Address Manager will receive deployment roles in Address Manager. If the IP addresses do not match, a deployment role is not added in Address Manager and a warning is logged to the log file. The first server address assigned in the pool receives the primary role and the other server addresses receive a secondary role.
Before you begin
Ensure that you have DNS/DHCP Servers managed by Address Manager and that the DNS/DHCP Servers have been imported into Cisco DNA Center. For more information on importing DNS/DHCP Servers into Cisco DNA Center, refer to Importing DNS/DHCP Servers into Cisco DNA Center.
- Log in to your Cisco DNA Center instance.
- In the menu, select .
- In the Network Settings page, select the IP Address Pools tab.
- Within the IP Address Pools table, select the name of an existing IP address pool or add a new IP address pool
- Under DHCP Server(s), enter the IP address of the DNS/DHCP Servers that you would like to assign DHCP roles.
- Under DNS Server(s), enter the IP address of the DNS/DHCP Servers that you would like to assign DNS roles.
- Click Save to update the existing IP address pool or add the new IP address pool.
- Log in to your Address Manager instance.
- Select the IP Space tab.
- Under IPv4 Blocks, select the name of the IPv4 block that is associated IP address pool that you just added or edited in the Cisco DNA Center instance.
- Select the Deployment Roles tab.
If the DNS/DHCP Servers were successfully assigned to the IP address pool, the names of the associated DNS/DHCP Servers appear with the appropriate deployment roles in the Address Manager UI.
2021-11-11 09:18:17,291 [WARNING] [CISCO-DNAC-2] Note: DHCP Server '184.108.40.206' doesn't exist under view 'test' 2021-11-11 09:18:17,291 [WARNING] [CISCO-DNAC-2] Note: DNS Server '220.127.116.11' doesn't exist under view 'test'