- Before you begin, ensure that you have reviewed the prerequisites, technical specifications, limitations, and best practices for deploying BlueCat Gateway on a BDDS. For more information, refer to Gateway Service on BDDS appliances in the Address Manager Administration Guide.
- When configuring Cloud Discovery & Visibility on a BDDS, you cannot specify the log directory when starting the container. The log files are written to the /var/log/gateway directory on the BDDS.
- Log in to the Address Manager user interface.
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the Servers tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- Under Servers, click the name of a BDDS. The Details tab for the server opens.
- Click the server name menu and select Service Configuration.
- From the Service Type drop-down menu, select BlueCat Gateway. Address Manager queries the server and returns the current values for the service settings.
- Under General Settings, set the following
- Enable Gateway Service—select this check box to enable BlueCat Gateway service.
- Ports—enter a list of ports to configure for Cloud Discovery & Visibility.
- Environment Variables—enter a list of environment variables to pull to a container during startup.
- Under Repository Settings, set the following
- Repository—enter quay.io/bluecat/cloud_discovery_visibility
- Tag—enter 21.3.1
- Username—enter your docker username.
- Password—enter your docker encrypted password.
- Click Update.
After you click Update, Gateway Service initializes, pulls the images from the cloud or local repository, and initiates the container. Allow some time to register the configuration, after which Address Manager will redirect you to the Service Type dropdown menu page.
To confirm that the Gateway Service and container are running, select BlueCat Gateway from the Service Type dropdown menu. At the bottom of the page, you can find the Status and Description fields. If the Status displays RUNNING, the Gateway Service is enabled and the container is running.