Once you have successfully provisioned your Service Point v4 VM and the service point is up and healthy, you can configure Anycast service on the Service Point v4 VM. Service Point v4 use Free Range Routing (FRRouting) to configure Anycast. For more information on configuring FRRouting, refer to http://docs.frrouting.org/en/latest/setup.html.
- You can only configure Anycast service on Service Point v4 VMs that have been provisioned using vCenter Server and ESXi.
- The Anycast implementation on Service Point v4 only supports OSPF and BGP routing protocols.
- Service Point v4 VMs only support IPv4 Anycast IP addresses.
To configure Anycast service on Service Point v4
- Log in to the Edge Cloud Instance.
- In the top navigation bar, click and select Service points (v4).
- Click the name of a service point. The service point details page appears.
- Click Edit.
- On the Edit service point page, click Anycast.
- Within the Anycast configuration page, enter the following information:
- Anycast VIPs: enter the Anycast IPv4 addresses to configure on the service point.
- Configuration: enter the content of the FRRouting
Anycast configuration setup. For an example of the FRRouting Anycast
configuration content, refer to Example FRRouting Anycast configuration.Attention: Each Anycast VIP must be created as a new interface alias under the Loopback (lo) interface starting with
lo:1for the first Anycast VIP,
lo:2for the second Anycast VIP, and
lo:<n>for subsequent Anycast VIPs.
- Confirm your changes by selecting the Confirm changes to Anycast configuration checkbox.
- Click Save to save the Anycast configuration changes on
the service point.Attention: Once you have saved the changes, the Anycast IP addresses will not be available on your service point until you deploy the DNS resolver service to the service point. To ensure that the Anycast IP address is available, you must bind the Anycast IP addresses to the DNS resolver service. For more information, refer to DNS resolver services.
Once you have deployed DNS resolver service to the service point, and the Anycast IP address is bound to the DNS resolver service, you can view the Anycast information from the Anycast VIPs page. For more information, refer to Anycast VIPs.