- In the top navigation bar, click and select Sites.
Click to add a new site, or select an
existing site and click Edit, and complete the following information:
- Name: Enter the site name.Note: If you're configuring a site to use a namespace that's configured for the Cisco Umbrella integration, the site name must not be more than 45 characters in length.
- Location: Enter the site address, city, and country. This will be converted into longitude and latitude when the site is saved.
- Service Version: Select the software version that
will be operating on service points and fleet instances deployed from
- If you are editing a site, you cannot update the service version.
- The service version of the site must be v3.0.6 or greater to deploy a service point on AWS or Azure, or deploy to fleet instances.
- Query Logging: Select one or both
query logging options. If you selected Custom logging
endpoint, select a logging endpoint in the dropdown.Note:
- You must create at least one logging endpoint to select the Custom logging endpoint option.
- If the Edge Cloud Console option is
not selected, DNS queries will neither be stored nor visible
in your Edge Cloud Console.
For more information on custom logging, refer to Custom Logging.
the namespace you would like attached to the site. When you type the
namespace, you will see suggestions of the existing namespaces that
match the entered value. The order in which you add a namespace onto a
site is the order in which the service points and fleet instances of
that site will process queries. To reorder the namespaces of a site,
drag and drop the namespaces in the order you desire. Note:
Attention: Some namespace features might not be applied as expected on service points and fleet instances within Sites that are running an older service version. BlueCat recommends running the latest service version to ensure that all namespace features function as expected.
- You must configure a site with at least one namespace and a maximum of three namespaces.
- You can override the default forwarder IP addresses by entering a different IP address.
- To ensure optimal latency in sites using more than three namespaces, BlueCat recommends using Domain Lists to configure appropriate routing criteria.
- Name: Enter the site name.
- Click Save to save the new site.
- To delete a site, select it and click Delete. The delete button is only active if there are no service points or fleet instances configured for the site and no linked policies.