When you log in to DNS Edge, one of the first features you'll notice is the dashboard. The dashboard's map displays points that represent a cluster of sites, including the number of sites clustered in that geographic area. If the point doesn't have a number, it means that there's only one site in that cluster. The Policy/Query Activity area displays information about the total number of queries and policy responses over the past 24 hours, at a glance. The IP Engagement area shows the total number of IP clients that submitted queries over the same period. Finally, you'll also see the Top 5 Queried Domains from the last 24 hours.
Using the dashboard
- In the World Map area, you can click a cluster to open a
pop-up window with a list of sites in the selected cluster. The site card lists out
the location of the sites, the number of Service Points deployed to each site, and
the state of the Service Points. In the site card window, you can:
- Click the name of the site to open the Sites page and display the details of that site.
- Click to open the Insights page and filter query data based on the selected site.
- Click to open the Query Logs page and filter query data based on the selected site.
- In the Policy Activity/Query Activity area, you can:
- Use the drop-down menu to switch between the Policy Activity and QPS Activity views.
- Show or hide any of the policy actions in the graph by clicking the action name (for example, click No Action to hide the statistics for queries resulting in no policy action.
- Hover the mouse over an area of the timeline to show query count details for
the selected point in time.
- Select a time range on the graph to filter DNS queries in the DNS Activity
window. You can deselect one or more policy actions to filter both by the
selected time range, and the visible policy actions.
- Under Top 5 Queried Domains, if a long domain name has been abbreviated, hover the mouse over the name to see the whole name. Click to copy the domain name.
- To hide the dashboard, click .
Keyboard Shortcuts and Navigation
You can use keyboard shortcuts to seamlessly navigate through the Edge UI.
|?||Opens a pop-up with a list of all available keyboard shortcuts. Press Esc to close the pop-up window.|
|o||Opens the Overview page.|
|i||Opens the Insights page.|
|q||Opens the Query Logs page.|
|p||Opens the Policies page.|
|d||Opens the Domain Lists page.|
|s||Opens the Sites page.|
|h||Opens the Help documentation in a new tab.|
The DNS Edge UI also supports keyboard navigation.