The following section outlines changes that have been made between Service Point v4 platform versions:
- Introduces support for BlueCat Edge ID Proxy.
The DNS Edge Identity service allows you to collect User Principal Name (UPN) information by parsing directory event logs stored in an Azure Event Hub. Once the Identity service has been granted credentials and given details for the appropriate Azure Event Hub where the logs are stored, it collects a map of UPN to IP address information. This information is then embedded in EDNS in DNS queries forwarded to Cisco Umbrella for processing. This enables Cisco Umbrella to enforce user or group policies on queries and is intended to be a replacement for Cisco Virtual Appliances (VA).
- Introduces support for advanced threat service.
The advanced threat service introduces enhancements to the existing threat service by augmenting and improving the accuracy of threat detection providing the ability to tune the output of the system. Once the advanced threat service has been configured, the service point evaluates DNS queries and flags any suspicious queries. You can view queries that have been flagged using the advanced threat service by filtering queries in the DNS activity page with the Advanced DGA Threat Indicator.
Before you upgrade from Service Point v4.4.1 to Service Point v4.5.0, you must first apply Service Point Hotfix v4.4.2 to your Service Point v4 instance.
ssh [SSH_ARGS] <service-point> sudo -E env "PATH=$PATH:/opt/bluecat/bin/" hotfix sp-4.4.2
[SSH_ARGS]represents optional SSH arguments.
<service-point>represents the IP address or host name of the Service Point v4 instance.
The Service Point instance applies the hotfix. Once the hotfix has successfully applied, you can perform an upgrade to Service Point v4.5.0
- Introduces a fix where Service Point v4 upgrades may fail due to insufficient disk space caused by large snapshots. These snapshots are created during the upgrade process for rollback purposes.
- Introduces support for provisioning a smaller disk version of Service Point v4 instances on Cisco ENCS devices.
- Initial introduction of support for Service Point v4 instances.