This section gives detailed instructions for deploying a DNS Edge service point to Amazon Web Service (AWS).
You need a configuration file for a service point. Don't include spaces in the service point configuration file name.
* Vendor recommended
|vCPU=2 virtual cores with 4.0 units each
|vCPU=4 virtual cores with 4.0 units each
|vCPU=8 virtual cores with 3.875 units each
The cost of the chosen EC2 instance size and the cost of any bandwidth use required for DNS to operate will add to the customer's AWS costs incurred. Bandwidth costs are incurred when data is leaving the VPC, but not coming into or being transferred within it.
For more information, refer to your AWS license agreement and the pricing information provided in the AWS Marketplace.
For more information on costs estimates for normal operation of the Service Point, refer to the AWS Simple Monthly Calculator.
- In the Amazon AWS console, navigate to your EC2 Dashboard, click Launch Instance, and select AWS Marketplace.
- Search for BlueCat DNS Edge Service Point, select the image and click Select.
- For Instance Type, select c5.large, c5.xlarge, or c5.2xlarge, and click Next: Configure Instance Details.
- Specify the Number of instances to deploy.
- Click Advanced Details and for User
Data paste the contents of the configuration file that you
downloaded from the DNS Edge Sites page, or choose the file.
Make sure to select Input is already base64 encoded.Attention: The configuration file is only valid for 48 hours. If you deploy a service point on AWS more than 48 hours after the initial configuration file was downloaded, you must download a new configuration file to use during the deployment.
- Click Next: Add Storage.
- For Size, enter 20, and for Volume Type, select General Purpose SSD (GP2), then click Next: Add Tags.
- This step is optional. If you want to add a tag, add a key-value pair. For example, you might add the key SiteName with the value "your_site_name". When you are done, click Next: Configure Security Group.
- Select the security group that's created automatically, or create a new security
group. If you create a new group, make sure inbound and outbound access is
configured per the requirements listed in BlueCat DNS Edge User Guide system setup. When you
are done, click Review and Launch.Note: It may take a few minutes for the service point to begin to resolve queries.
For more information on the service point diagnostics API, refer to Service point diagnostics API.
Connecting to the service point using SSH
ssh -i <private_key>.pem core@<service_point_instance>