Once you have created a site and deployed a service point, you can view additional information about that service point and other deployed service points that are active and online.
To learn how to deploy a service point, refer to the BlueCat DNS Edge Deployment Guide.
- In the top navigation bar, click and select Service
Points.Note: You can use to toggle between including or excluding disconnected service points. By default, disconnected service points are excluded.
- Select an existing service point to bring up additional information about the
- Name: The name of the service point.
- Site: The name of the site to which the service point is registered. Click the name of the site to navigate to the Sites page and open additional information about the site.
- ID: The ID of the service point.
- Connection State: The connection state of that service point, including how long it has been in that state.
- Last Sync: The timestamp of the last received diagnostics update from the service point or the last time the service point polled for policy changes (in milliseconds).
- Service IP Addresses: The IP addresses of the service
interface.Note: Only 10 service IP addresses are returned.
- Loopback IP Addresses: The loopback IP addresses that
were explicitly configured.Note: Only 255 loopback IP addresses are returned.
- Host Manager: The manager of the service point base system.
- Current Version: The version of the service point software that is currently running on the service point.
- Applied Version: The version of the service point software that is applied to the service point at the site level.
- Latest Available Version: The latest available version of service point software.
- Update Initiated: The timestamp of when the service point started the update.
- Update Status: The status of the last service point update. The status
can be one of the following:
- Certificate Update Completed
- Certificate Update Failed
- Certificate Update In Progress
- Rollback Completed
- Rollback Failed
- Rollback In Progress
- Rollback Started
- Starting Certificate Update
- Starting Update
- Timed outAttention: A service point returns the Timed out status when it could not return its update progress to the Site within 15 minutes of it starting the service point update. If at least one service point returns the Timed out state, the Update Status of the Site from which it was deployed will display Failed. The service point update status will continue to display the Timed out status until the next attempted update.If your service point returns the Timed out status:
- Review the Current Version and Applied Version field of the Service Point details page. If the versions are the same, the update applied successfully but the Update Status was not updated correctly, and no further action is required.
- If the versions listed in the Current Version and Applied Version fields are different, retry the service point update. For more information, refer to Retry the service point update.
- If the Connection State of the service point is Disconnected, review the Cloud access requirements and the connection between the service point and the DNS Edge Cloud to ensure that the service point can communicate with the DNS Edge Cloud. Once the service point Connection State returns Connected, you can retry the service point update.
If the issue persists and you can't successfully update the service point, contact BlueCat Customer Care for assistance.
- Update Cancelled
- Update In Progress
- Update Planned
- UnknownNote: If a service point fails to update and returns an update status of Rollback Failed, Rollback Completed, Timed out, or Failed, you can retry the service point update. For more information, refer to Retry the service point update.
- Average QPS (Last 24 Hrs): The average QPS of the service point over the last 24 hours.
- Max Hourly QPS (Last 24 Hrs): The maximum hourly QPS of the service point over the last 24 hours.