Configure settings for your DRP server.
Specify the DRP Portal settings such as server and user registration settings.
Under Server Settings, set the following settings.
- Portal Hostname—enter the fully qualified domain name of your DRP server specified in the Registered View.
- Portal External URL—enter the URL of the load-balancer. If
you are using multiple DRP instances with unique hostnames
behind a load-balancer with a common hostname/URL, the Portal
External URL must be specified here.Note: If you are using a single DRP instance, or if you are using a load-balancing strategy where multiple DRP instances have a common hostname/URL, you do not need to populate this field.
- Portal HTTPS Enforced—select this checkbox to enforce secure communication. If enabled, any clients attempting to access the DRP Portal using HTTP will be redirected to an HTTPS URL (HTTP through Gateway).
Under General Settings, set the following parameters to define user device registration process.
- Auto-detect Device MAC—select the checkbox to enable support for automatic MAC address detection. If selected, a user device's MAC address will automatically be detected when they get to the device registration page.
- Auto-detect OS—select the checkbox to enable support for automatic operating system detection. If selected, the operating system of a user device will automatically be detected when they get to the device registration page. The supported operating systems are Windows, OS X, Linux, iOS, and Android.
- Enable auto-registration—select the checkbox to enable
automatic device registration. If selected, a user's device will automatically be
registered after logging in to the device registration portal.Note: When auto-registration is enabled, the Auto-detect OS and Auto-detect Device MAC functions will be automatically enabled.Note: The following conditions must be met for automatic registration to occur:
Note: Auto-registration does not apply to Guest devices.
- The user has not reached their limit of registered devices.
- The MAC address of the device accessing DRP can be determined.
- The MAC address of the device has not been previously registered.
- The operating system type of the device can be detected.
- Show Registrations On Login—select the checkbox to enable support for automatic loading of the user's Registered Devices list after login. If not selected, users must click the Show Registered button to view their Registered Devices list.
- Enable Registration Queue—select the checkbox to enable queued registration. If selected, all registration requests will be queued first and be registered on a First-In-First-Out basis. This can improve the performance of the DRP portal under load, but may also increase the time for registrations to appear in Address Manager.
- Operating System List—click Add, and select the type of operating system from the OS drop-down menu and enter the type of device for the selected OS in the Alias field. The specified device types in the Alias field will be displayed to users for their selection when they are registering their devices. Select a device type from the list and click Remove to delete it from the list.
- Click Next.
Proceed to the next section to configure Address Manager settings.