Configure the device registration settings.
Specify the device registration setup information that you have previously set on Address Manager.
Under Registration Settings, set the following parameters:
- Registered MAC Pool—enter the name of the Address Manager MAC
Pool that you have created for Registered users.CAUTION:Changing MAC pool selections after the DRP system is in use might result in unexpected behavior. If you are changing MAC pool selections in DRP setup user interface, you must also manually update the MAC pool associations for corresponding MAC addresses in Address Manager.
- Unregistered MAC Pool—Optional. Enter the unregistered
MAC Pool name to enable support for the Unregistered MAC Pool. If set, expired and
deleted devices will be moved to the Address Manager MAC Pool named in this option. If
not set, expired and deleted devices will be removed from any pool associations. Use
this pool to track unregistered devices. This pool should not be referenced in the
DHCP options. You may leave this field blank to disable the unregistered MAC
pool.CAUTION:Changing MAC pool selections after the DRP system is in use might result in unexpected behavior. If you are changing MAC pool selections in the DRP setup user interface, you must also manually update the MAC pool associations for corresponding MAC addresses in Address Manager.
- Validity Period (Days)—set the time limit for the device registration expiry date.
- Validity Cleanup Interval (Minutes)—set the interval time in minutes for the MAC expiration cleaning up job.
- Maximum Device Per User—set the maximum number of registered devices allowed per user.
- Require Description—select the checkbox if you wish to enable the device description field.
- Description Length—set the maximum length of the description field.
- Registered MAC Pool—enter the name of the Address Manager MAC Pool that you have created for Registered users.
Under Guest Settings, set the following parameters.
Note: This is only required if you wish to enable guest registration. If you are enabling guest registration, the corresponding guest MAC pool must exist on Address Manager.
- Enable Guest—select the checkbox to enable guest
This is optional.Note: A MAC pool needs to be already created in Address Manager to configure this functionality properly.
- Guest MAC Pool—select the guest MAC pool that you have created in Address Manager.
- Guest Validity Period (Days)—set the time limits in days.
- Guest-only Registration—select the checkbox to enable
guest-only registration. When selected, the user device will automatically be
registered as a guest upon accepting the Acceptable User Policies. Note:
- When enabled, regular users will no longer be able to log in to the Portal because the log in page will always be bypassed.
- For Guest-only Registration to function properly, guest registration must first be enabled by selecting the Enable Guest checkbox.
- Enable Guest Passphrase—select the checkbox to enable the
guest passphrase functionality and enter a password that will be used for the guest
registration. During guest registration, guest users will be asked to provide the
password defined here.Note: For Enable Guest Passphrase to function properly, guest registration must first be enabled by selecting the Enable Guest checkbox.
- Enable Guest—select the checkbox to enable guest registration. This is optional.
Under DHCP Reservation Settings, set the following parameters to
enable support for DHCP reserved registrations.
- DNS View—select the DNS View where DNS hosts for DHCP Reserved registrations should be created.
- DNS Domain Names—add the reserved DHCP domain names that you wish to display for users to choose from. Click Add and enter a domain name then click Add Item to add the domain name to the list. This will allow you to register the fully qualified domain name of DHCP address in the DNS zone. Select a domain name from the list and click Remove to delete it from the list.
- Create Reverse Records—select the checkbox to enable support for DNS reverse records. If selected, a reverse record will be generated when the hostname is added.
- Click Next.
Proceed to the next section to configure authentication settings.