The Client class includes Python API wrappers for functions attached to the Address Manager client. Among these are wrappers for User Defined Links, Server Services Configuration, and Audit Data Export and Retention.
User Defined Links API wrappers
The Address Manager v9.3.0 API introduced the ability to create user-defined links between IP address, IP network, or block in Address Manager. A user-defined link (UDL) is a logical link between any two objects in Address Manager. You can create a user-defined link between objects in the same configuration or between objects in different configurations.
- add_user_defined_link: Add a new user-defined link definition.
- delete_user_defined_link: Delete a user-defined link definition.
- get_linked_entities: Return a list of entities containing the entities linked to a specified entity.
- get_linked_entities_ex: Return a list of entity IDs linked using the given link type to the given source or destination entity ID.
- get_user_defined_link: Return a list of link definitions from a user-defined link type.
- link_entities: Establish a link between the two specified Address Manager entities.
- link_entities_ex: Establish a link between the specified source and destination Address Manager entities.
- unlink_entities: Remove the link between the two specified Address Manager entities.
- unlink_entities_ex: Remove the link between the specified source and destination Address Manager entities.
- update_user_defined_link: Update a user-defined link for an object type.
For more details on the User-Defined Links API methods in Address Manager, see the Address Manager API Guide.
Server Services Configuration APIs
- configure_server_services: Return a token value of the services configuration task.
- get_server_services: Return a description of the configured server services on the specified DNS/DHCP Server.
- get_server_services_configuration_status: Return the status of the services configuration task created using the configure_server_services API method.
Audit Data Export and Retention
- configure_audit_log_export: Configure the audit data export service to an external database, either a Splunk server or an HTTP endpoint.
- get_audit_log_export_settings: Return the audit data export settings that were set using the configure_audit_log_export API method.
- update_retention_settings: Set the new value for history retention settings or return the existing retention settings.