- User group refers to groups defined by a PortalGroup UDF value stored on the BAM side (such as all).
- All non-admin users must be defined in the Group Settings workflow by a PortalGroup UDF value.
- Administrative users can be defined in the Group Settings workflow either by a PortalGroup UDF value or by a DNS Integrity Gateway user group created in Address Manager (this user group must be granted permissions in the Gateway).
Settings are stored in <dns_integrity_gateway>/ps/group_settings.json, and settings are defined per user group. BlueCat recommends using the Default Group Settings workflow rather than modifying the JSON file directly.
- Log in to the DNS Integrity Gateway as an administrative user.
- Under Group Settings. , click
- In the Group/UDF field, enter a PortalGroup UDF value, and then click ADD GROUP.
- From the Groups list, select a PortalGroups UDF value or the name of a user group.
- Under Available Settings select landing_page, and then click ADD OPTION.
In the Group Settings list, select
landing_page, then enter the workflow endpoint in the
text field. For example, /admin/workflow_permissions.
- Click UPDATE.