This section describes setting workflow permissions, how to create a workflow in the user interface, and how to restart or remove the BlueCat Gateway container.
BlueCat Gateway administrators have immediate access to the following administrative workflows in the BlueCat Gateway user interface ( ):
The Administrative workflows are located inside the container image, and are overwritten with each BlueCat Gateway release. The Administrative workflows are no longer available for export, and are not visible on the screen. You cannot create new workflows with the same endpoint as any Administrative workflow.
- Create workflow—create the template/skeleton for a GUI or REST API workflow.
- Encrypt password—set the path where you will store an encrypted password for Flask-mail or MongoDB.
- External DB/Mail Configuration—configure settings to your optional mongoDB and SMTP mail settings.
- General Configuration—configure BAM settings, customize the appearance of the user interface, upload SSL certificates, and define log settings.
- Group Settings—set default landing pages for
specific user groups and show/hide the Help & Documentation hyperlink in the BlueCat Gateway user interface for specific user groups.Note: The Group Settings administrative workflow is only immediately visible on clean installations of BlueCat Gateway. If you are upgrading from v17.8.1 or earlier, the Group Settings administrative workflow will not be visible until you have set permissions to it for any required users or user groups.
- Workflow Export/Import—import or export a workflow.
- Workflow Permissions—set user access permissions for workflows.
Example and Community workflows
New customers that want to get up and running with BlueCat Gateway can import Example and Community workflows from the BlueCat Labs GitHub repo from within BlueCat Gateway.