Create a BlueCatGateway user-defined field (UDF) in Address Manager to allow user access to BlueCat Gateway workflows.
User permissions in BlueCat Gateway are derived partly from configuration in BlueCat Gateway, and partly from Address Manager UDF values. You must create a UDF for BlueCat Gateway users called BlueCatGateway in Address Manager for this purpose.
To create the BlueCatGateway UDF:
- Log in to Address Manager as an administrator.
- Select the Administration tab.
- Under Data Management, click Object Types.
- Under Object Types, click Admin then click Named User. The Named User Object Information page opens.
- Under Fields, click New. The Add User-Defined Field page opens.
Under General, set the following parameters:
- Name—type BlueCatGateway. This name will be used by the Address Manager database. This name cannot contain spaces and is case sensitive.
- Display Name—type a user-friendly name, such as BlueCat Gateway then click Add. The display name appears below the text field.
- Type—select Text.
- Hide From Search—leave blank.*
- Require Value—leave blank.*
- Under Pre-Defined Values, leave all fields and options blank.*
- Under Advanced, leave the Validation Properties field blank.*
- Under Change Control, add comments to describe your changes.
- Click Add.
The display name of the BlueCatGateway UDF will now appear under the Additional Information section of the Add User page.
Note: *Fields are left blank only as part of the basic creation of the BlueCatGateway UDF. You can modify Pre-Defined Values and Validation Properties to best suit the needs of your environment and users.