Your environment must meet the following requirements prior to performing any of the tasks described in this document.
- 1 provisioned production server
- Optional: 1 provisioned lab/testing server (recommended)
Note: The servers are used to run the DNS Integrity Gateway application as a Docker container.
- Ubuntu v16 64-bit (recommended)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux v7.0 (with Docker EE only)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server v12 (with Docker EE only)
- Debian v8.0
- Chrome v51 or greaterChrome v55 or greaterChrome v55 or greaterChrome v60 or greater
- Firefox® v54 or greater
- Internet Explorer® v11
sudo apt-get install python python-devNote: This code is for Ubuntu 16.04. On other Linux systems the command to install python packages might be different. For example, on RedHat “yum” is used rather than “apt-get”.
- Python Docker SDK
pip install docker==2.7.0
- To install optional
third-party Python modules during the installation process:
sudo apt-get install python-pipNote: This code is for Ubuntu 16.04. On other Linux systems the command to install pip packages might be different. For example, on RedHat “yum” is used rather than “apt-get”.
- requirements.txtNote: If you have not created a requirements.txt file, view the README file in <dns_integrity_gateway>/packages for instructions on how to install third-party Python libraries.
- python-pip 2
- Docker™ CE v1.12 or greater
- Docker™ EE v1.12 or greater (required if using Red Hat
Enterprise Linux v7.0 and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server v12)Note: Red Hat Enterprise Linux v7.0 with Docker CE or a forked version of Docker is not supported.Note: You must install Docker and the Python SDK for Docker prior to installing DNS Integrity Gateway. Docker installation is only necessary to run the Gateway application.
Minimum system requirements
- Linux kernel v3.1.0 or greater
- CPU: 2GHz or greater
- RAM: 4GB
- 50GB free disk space
- Internet connection (only needed for Docker setup)
Note: As a result of recent performance testing where it was observed that in some corner cases 2GB RAM might be insufficient for a reliable and consistent execution, BlueCat has changed the minimum memory requirement from 2GB to 4GB. 2GB RAM will accommodate the v18.2.1 release, however, BlueCat advises any customers running their Gateway environment at the minimum system settings to make the necessary adjustments to support future releases of the DNS Integrity Gateway.
Recommended system requirements
- CPU: 2 CPUs 2.5GHz or greater
- RAM: 8GB
- 100GB free disk space
- Ports 80 and 443 should be open on the server running Docker and the Linux client