Your environment must meet the following requirements before performing any of the tasks described in this document.
BlueCat Gateway is a container image, requiring Docker, or Docker-based container orchestration platforms to operate. BlueCat Gateway is operating system agnostic; the only software required is any supported versions of Docker or supported container orchestration platforms.
- If deploying Gateway on a non-BlueCat appliance (i.e., a customer-provided host machine), the customer is responsible for maintaining the host operating system.
- If deploying Gateway on BlueCat DNS/DHCP Server (Integrity 9.3 or greater only), BlueCat is responsible for maintaining the underlying BDDS operating system.
- 1 provisioned production server
- 1 provisioned lab/testing server (recommended)
Note: The servers are used to run the BlueCat Gateway application in a Docker container.
- Google Chrome® 79 or greater
- Mozilla Firefox® 68 or greater
- Internet Explorer® 11
- Microsoft Edge 15 or greater
- Docker™ CE v18.03.1 or greater
- Docker™ EE v17.03.2 or greater
- RedHat-compiled Docker v1.13.1
Tip: BlueCat recommends using Docker EE for support and maintenance of Docker.
- RedHat OpenShift Container Platform v4.3
- Python v3.6 (required only for workflow development)
Minimum system requirements
- CPU: 2GHz or greater
- RAM: 4GB
- 50GB free disk space
- Internet connection (required if you are pulling the image from a cloud registry or if you are using GitHub to do an import.)
Recommended system requirements
- CPU: 2 CPUs 2.5GHz or greater
- RAM: 8GB
- 100GB free disk space
- Ports 80 and 443 should be open on the server running Docker