Adding new answers
- Select the DNS tab.
- Select the name of the view where the GSS Adaptive Application will interact with Address Manager.
- Select the name of the zone where the Host Record resides.
- Under Resource Records, select the name of the Host Record. The Host Record Details page opens.
- Under Details, click GSS. The
Global Server Selector page opens in a new
- Select the Answers page.
- Under Answers, click .
- Under General Settings, set the following
- Server—enter the FQDN or IP address of the regional server that the Host Record is deployed to.
- Name—enter the name for this answer in the GSS configuration. If you entered an FQDN in the Server field, the name defaults to the first label of the FQDN.
- Region—enter the region in which the server resides.
- Click Add to add the server or click Add
Next to configure another server.
Verifying the answer configuration
Once you have configured an answer, you can check the configuration in the Answers list.
When the answer is first configured, the initial state is down. You can use the Force Up action to activate the answer and bring it online. For more information, refer to Managing existing DNS Answers.
By default, GSS creates a Fallback answer during the initial setup. Access is diverted to the fallback answer when all other answers fail to respond. A fallback answer is denoted by the Fallback under the Region column and is only used with the default region search order. The Fallback answer does not have a health check.