- When defining answers where the region represents the location of the service instance.
- When assigning client regions to DNS Cache servers where the region represents the location of the clients.
For each application that is managed by GSS, a search order will be configured that maps client regions to a prioritized list of answer regions. The GSS regions are defined using Tag objects in Address Manager. During the installation of the GSS workflow, the Traffic Steering tag group is created and used for storing GSS configuration information. It also contains a hierarchy of Tag objects created within the group.
- Log in to Address Manager as an administrator.
- Select the Groups tab.
- Under Tag Groups, click Traffic Steering.
- Under Traffic Steering, click Regions.
- Create a new Tag for each GSS region, where the Tag name is the region
name.Note: Tag names must be valid DNS zone names, as these are used in the RPZ zone names. They must not contain spaces or the period (.) character.