Once you have created the NAT Host Record, you can add different IP addresses to the different regions.
Adding new IP addresses
- Select the DNS tab.
- Select the name of the view where the GSS Adaptive Application will interact with Address Manager.
- Select the name of the zone where the Host Record resides.
- Under Resource Records, select the name of the Host Record. The Host Record Details page opens.
- Under Details, click NAT. The
Global Server Selector page opens in a new
- Select the Answers page.
- Under Answers, click .
- Under General Settings, set the following
- IP Address—enter the IP address of the regional server.
- Region—enter the region in which the server resides.
- Click Add to add the server or click Add
Next to configure another server.
Verifying the answer configuration
Once you have configured an answer, you can check the configuration in the Answers list.
By default, GSS creates a Fallback answer during the initial setup. Access is diverted to the fallback answer when there is no answer configured for the client’s region. A fallback answer is denoted by the Fallback under the Region column.
Deleting the answer configuration
If you would like to delete an IP address answer from the configuration,
- On the Global Server Selector page, select the Answers tab.
- Under Answers, select the checkbox next to one or more answers
- Click to delete the answers.