DNS servers are configured to check a GSS RPZ zone before responding to queries. If an answer is found in the RPZ zone, the answer is returned instead of the standard response.
GSS updates a RPZ zone for each client region. A DNS server is typically configured with only one of these RPZ zones. If you are using DNS views with GSS, configure one RPZ zone per view and the relevant DNS roles for the RPZ zone must be assigned in the relevant view.
RPZ zone options are added at the View level. There are separate options for each server or group of servers.
Before you begin
Before proceeding to add the response policy items, verify that the regional zones (<region>.rpz.gss.bluecat) have been deployed to the respective servers.
- Log in to BlueCat Gateway.
- Under AVAILABLE ACTIONS, click .
- Under Configuration, select the configuration where GSS is used.
- Under View, select the view where the RPZ option is required.
- Under Server Type, select either Server or Server Group.
- Under Server, select the name of the server or server group.
- Under Region, select the client region that will be presented on this view and server.
- Click Add to add the response policy option or click Delete to delete the response policy option.