The GSS UDF is used to navigate to the GSS Adaptive Application UI from Address Manager. This field is only available on Host record objects, and is read by the GSS Adaptive Application and used to identify the application type: GSS or NAT.
To create the GSS UDF:
- Log in to Address Manager as an administrator.
- Select the Administration tab.
- Under Data Management, click Object Types.
- Under Resource Records, click Resource
Record. The Resource Record Object Information
page opens.Note: Adding the UDF to the Resource Record object type ensures that it can be displayed in the list of Resource Records in a Zone. The Host Record object type inherits this field.
- Under Fields, click New. The Add User-Defined Field page opens.
- Under General, set the following parameters:
- Name—type gss. This name will
be used by the Address Manager database.Note: The name is case sensitive and must be set to gss.
- Display Name—type GSS.
- Type—select Workflow.
- Hide From Search—leave blank.
- Require Value—leave blank.
- Name—type gss. This name will be used by the Address Manager database.
- Under Pre-Defined Values, leave the Default Label field blank.
- Create the following two workflows:
- GSS workflow
- Label—type GSS.
- URL—type https://<fqdn>:<port>/traffic-steering where https://<fqdn>:<port> is the URL of the BlueCat Gateway instance that is running the GSS Adaptive Application.
- NAT workflow
- Label—type NAT.
- URL—type the https://<fqdn>:<port>/traffic-steering/nat where https://<fqdn>:<port> is the URL of the BlueCat Gateway instance that is running the GSS Adaptive Application.
- GSS workflow
- Under Advanced, leave the Validation Properties field blank.
- Under Change Control, add comments to describe your changes.
- Click Add.