Before you install the BlueCat vRO plug-in v8.0.1 for IPAM Automation, ensure that system components and Address Manager configuration requirements are met.
The following system components must be set up in your network environment and functioning properly. This table describes the supported software and hardware requirements:
||Ensure that you have set up the Address Manager with the required
Note: The BlueCat vRO plug-in v8.0.1 for IPAM Automation is tested and supported only on Address Manager v9.2.0. If you are running an earlier version of Address Manager, you must upgrade the software. For assistance, contact BlueCat Customer Care: https://care.bluecatnetworks.com.
||Ensure that all servers are under Address Manager control and services have
been successfully deployed.
Note: The BlueCat vRO plug-in v8.0.1 for IPAM Automation is supported only on DNS/DHCP Server v9.0.0 or greater. If you are running an earlier version of DNS/DHCP Server, you must upgrade the software. For assistance, contact BlueCat Customer Care: https://care.bluecatnetworks.com.
|BlueCat vRO Plug-in v8.0.1 for IPAM Automation package||Ensure that you have downloaded the BlueCat vRO plug-in v8.0.1 for IPAM Automation package and all documents from the BlueCat Customer Care portal: https://care.bluecatnetworks.com.|
Verify that vRealize Orchestrator is functioning properly.
Address Manager configuration
Before installing the BlueCat vRO plug-in, ensure that the following objects and configurations exist in Address Manager and deployed to DNS/DHCP Server:
- IPv4 network with a defined IP address range.
- DNS views and zones.
- API user account. This user account will be used by the BlueCat vRO plug-in to log in
to Address Manager.Note: In order to perform IPAM automation using the BlueCat vRO plug-in, the API user must be granted Full access rights at the IP address and MAC address levels, Full access rights at the Zone level, Full access rights at the Host Record level, and Full access rights with the ability to perform a full deployment of data at the server level.
- DNS deployment roles added at the IPv4 network and DNS zones level.
- DHCP deployment roles added at the IPv4 network level if using DHCP reserved address.
- Match Client DNS option added at the View level with the value of 127.0.0.1. This is ONLY needed if the Match Client DNS option is defined in your configuration.
- Allow Dynamic Updates DNS option added at the IPv4 network and DNS zone level with the Address Manager IP address or the Network that includes the Address Manager IP address.
For more information about how to perform the mentioned tasks, refer to the Address Manager Administration Guide.