This section explains how to launch VM instances using Nutanix Prism.
- Download the bam_kvm_9.2.0-919.GA.bcn_amd64.tar or bdds_kvm_9.2.0-919.GA.bcn_amd64.tar file from BlueCat Customer Care.
- Extract the RAW file from the downloaded BAM or BDDS tar file.
- Log in to Nutanix Prism.
- On the Dashboard page, click VM from the Home drop-down menu.
- Click Create VM on Nutanix using the RAW file.
A new window opens where you can configure the BlueCat Nutanix Virtual Appliances VM instance details. For more information on Nutanix Prism, refer to the Nutanix Prism documentation.
Creating the Virtual Machine
To launch a VM instance on Nutanix:
- Enter the Name of the BlueCat Nutanix Virtual Appliances VM instance.
- Enter the number of vCPU(s) to allocate to the VM instance.
- Enter the Number of cores per vCPU.
- Enter the Memory to allocate to the VM instance.
In the Disks area, click Add New Disk:
- Leave the Type as DISK.
- In the Operation area, select Clone from Image Service.
In the Bus Type area, select
Note: DNS/DHCP Server on Nutanix does not support the SCSI Bus Type.
- Under Image, select the image that was uploaded to Nutanix.
- Click Add.
In the Network Adapters (NIC) area, click Add New
You can add up to 3 NICs per DNS/DHCP Server instance.
- Select the VLAN Name to use for the VM instance.
- Leave the Network Connection State as Connected.
- Click Add.
- Click Save.
After completing these steps, your new instance is added to the instance list. Click the name of VM and at the bottom of the page, click Power On to power on the VM instance.