These steps explain how to install Address Manager and DNS/DHCP Server virtual machines in a VMware environment.
Address Manager and DNS/DHCP Server virtual machines are delivered in OVA (Open Virtual Appliance) format. If you still require the OVF image, extract the OVF file from the compressed OVA package using an extraction utility.
- Click the resource pool. From the File menu, select Deploy OVF template. The Deploy OVF Template wizard opens and displays the Source page.
- Click Browse. An Open dialog box appears. Find and select a BlueCat Virtual machine OVAOVF file and click Open. The selected file appears in the Deploy from a file or URL text box. Click Next. The OVF Template Details page opens.
- Verify OVF template details and click Next. The Name and Location page opens.
- In the Name field, type a name for the virtual machine and click Next. The Datastore page opens.
- Select a destination storage for the virtual machine file and click Next. The Disk Format page opens.
- Select the format in which you want to store the virtual disk and click Next. In the Name field, type a name for the virtual machine and click Next. The Network Mapping page opens.
Select a destination network for the virtual machine and click
Next. The Ready to Complete page
- You should have at least one network to map to the management interface (eth0).
- If you want to use a multi-interface DNS/DHCP Server, you must configure additional network adapters from VMware settings after the deployment is complete.
When deployment is complete, the Deployment Completed Successfully dialog box opens.
- Click Close.