Configure an IPv6 address, netmask, and default gateway.
Running the set address command automatically configures the Primary Service IPv4/IPv6 address. Use caution if modifying interfaces from the Administration Console as running the set address command will overwrite any existing Primary Service IPs, resulting in a loss of service.
- Address Manager—eth0, eth1 (network redundancy; hardware appliances only)
- DNS/DHCP Server—eth0, eth1 (xHA Backbone), eth2 (Dedicated
Management), eth3 (hardware appliances only), bond0*, vlan-interface** (IPv4
*Only available once a bonding interface has been created (port bonding on hardware appliances only).
**Only available when VLAN interfaces have been configured.
- If you require an IPv6 address, make sure to run the set address command and set the Primary Service IPv6 address BEFORE placing the server under Address Manager control. Alternately, you can configure the IPv6 address for the Services interface when adding or replacing a server in the Address Manager user interface.
- Once you have set the IPv6 address and netmask and saved your settings, you must set the default IPv6 gateway from Network Configuration mode.
- You cannot configure interface and network settings of DNS/DHCP Server appliances that are part of a functioning xHA pair. Configure interface and network settings before creating a high availability pair.
- You cannot configure interfaces if the DNS/DHCP Server is under Address Manager control. Remove the DNS/DHCP Server from Address Manager control to configure interfaces.
- You cannot configure interfaces if network redundancy (bonding) is enabled. Disable redundancy from the Administration Console to configure interfaces. Disabling bonding will also remove the DNS/DHCP Server from Address Manager control.
- xHA with IPv4 only: no IPv6 addresses must be present on either the Active or Passive nodes.
- xHA with IPv4 and IPv6: both the Active and Passive Nodes must be configured with only one IPv6 address. Multiple IPv6 address may prevent successful creation of xHA. For complete information, refer to Managing xHA.
To configure an IPv6 address and netmask:
- From Main Session mode, type configure interfaces and press ENTER.
- Type modify <interface> and press ENTER.
- Type set address <ipv6address/netmask> and press ENTER.
- Type save and press ENTER. The Administration Console saves your settings.
- Type exit and press ENTER until you return to Main Session mode.