Use this workflow to find the next available IP address from a given network, and assigns the FQDN to the returned IP address.
To use Assign Next Free IP and Set Hostname workflow:
- Under Library, select Workflows.
- Select ... next to the name of the workflow and select Run.
Follow the instructions and complete the mandatory fields and click
You can also set the optional parameters. For details about how to work with workflows, refer to VMware vRealize Orchestrator documentation.The workflow's input parameters are as follows:
- BAM connection profile name—specify a profile that was created in the vRO configuration.
- Configuration name—specify an existing Address Manager configuration in which to allocate IPAM resources.
- View name—specify an existing Address Manager View within the specified Address Manager configuration in which to allocate IPAM resources.
- CIDR—specify the IP network that was created in Address Manager for BlueCat vRO plug-in to use.
- FQDN—specify the FQDN to the IP address.