You can use this workflow independently to clone a Windows VM and allocate IPAM resources for it, or use this in another workflow. For more information on using this workflow in another workflow, refer to VMware vRealize Orchestrator documentation.
To use BCN Clone Windows with a single NIC workflow:
- Under Library, select Workflows.
- Select ... next to the name of the workflow and select Run.
Follow the instructions and complete the mandatory fields and click
You can also set the optional parameters. For details about how to work with workflows, refer to VMware vRealize Orchestrator documentation.The workflow's input parameters are as follows:
- BAM connection profile name—specify a profile that was created in the vRO configuration.
- Configuration name—specify an existing Address Manager configuration in which to allocate IPAM resources.
- View name—specify an existing Address Manager View within the specified Address Manager configuration in which to allocate IPAM resources.
- IP network from where to request the IP address—specify the IP network that was created in Address Manager for BlueCat vRO plug-in to use.
- Domain name for creating the DNS record—specify the Address Manager zone in which to create the DNS record.
- Allow creation of duplicate hostname in Address Manager. Duplicate hostnames will resolve to different IP address in DNS round-robin—select Yes if you want to allow creation of duplicate hostnames in Address Manager.
- Virtual machine to clone—specify the virtual
machine template that you wish to clone.Note: A virtual machine template configured with the latest VMware tools must be prepared for this workflow in order to be specified for cloning.
- New virtual machine name—enter a descriptive name for the virtual machine that you are cloning.
- Mark the new virtual machine as a template—select Yes if you want to mark the new virtual machine as a template.
- Power on the new virtual machine—select Yes if you want to power on the new virtual machine upon completion.
- Resource pool—specify a resource pool in which to create the virtual machine.
- Host on which to create the virtual machine—specify a host on which to create the virtual machine.
- Virtual machine folder—specify a folder in which to create the virtual machine.
- Datastore in which to store the virtual machine. If not specified, the current datastore is used—specify a datastore in which to store the virtual machine.
- User’s full name—enter the full name of the user.
- Organization name—enter the name of the organization.
- Run the Sysprep operations and wait for the task to complete. Not used if the virtual machine is marked as template—the value must be Yes in order for IP address to be applied correctly.
- Hostname or prefix name of the Windows client—specify the hostname or prefix name of the Windows client.
- New local administrator password—specify a new local administrator password.
- Timezone for the newly created virtual machine—specify a timezone for the newly created virtual machine.
- Windows key (ignored if template key is VLK)—must specify a valid Windows license key otherwise the IP address will not be assigned.
- Server licensing mode—specify the server licensing mode.
- Number of Licenses (only if License mode = PerServer)—specify the number of licenses if License mode=PerServer.
- Domain name to join—specify the Windows domain name to join.
- Workgroup name to join—specify the name of the workgroup for the newly created VM to join.
- Domain user account used for authentication if the virtual machine is joining a domain—specify the domain user account used for authentication only if you specified the domain name to join.
- Network on which attach the virtual network interface—specify the network on which to attach the virtual network interface.
- List of DNS servers for a virtual network adapter with a static IP address—specify a list of DNS servers for a virtual network adapter with a static IP address.If this list is not specified, DNS query from the created VM will not be resolved.
- NetBIOS setting for Windows—specify the NetBIOS setting for Windows.
- The IP address of the primary WINS server—specify the IP address of the primary WINS server.
- The IP address of the secondary WINS server—specify the IP address of the secondary WINS server.