The addVMInstance_DHCPReserved action registers a DHCP reserved IP address, and assigns it a subnet mask and gateway in Address Manager. Upon completion, addVMInstance_DHCPReserved returns a map with the keys: IP, netmask, gateway.
- profileName—an existing Address Manager connection profile name.
- configName—an existing Address Manager configuration name.
- ipAddress—an existing IPv4 block in CIDR format, an existing IPv4 network in CIDR format, or an existing IPv4 network’s range in the format of two IPv4 addresses separated by a hyphen - in the specified Address Manager configuration.
- viewName—an existing view in the specified Address Manager configuration, or null. If viewName is null, then domainName and hostName are set to null.
- domainName—an existing domain name (A.K.A a zone) in Address Manager, or null if viewName is null.
- hostName—a unique, valid record name, or null if viewName is null.
- allowDuplicateHostname—if specified, it will create duplicate hostnames in DNS. If you have two VMs with the same hostname, the hostname will resolve 50 percent of the time for each IP address.
- macAddress—a valid MAC address. In order to avoid any issue, the MAC address should be unique.
Return value: A map with the following keys:
- ip address