Your environment must meet the following requirements before performing any of the tasks described in this document.
Note: If deploying Gateway on a BDDS appliance (Integrity 9.3.1 or greater only), refer to Gateway on BDDS requirements.
BlueCat Gateway is a container image, requiring Docker, or Docker-based container orchestration platforms to operate. BlueCat Gateway is operating system agnostic; the only software required is any supported versions of Docker or supported container orchestration platforms.
- If deploying Gateway on a non-BlueCat appliance (i.e., a customer-provided host machine), the customer is responsible for maintaining the host operating system.
- If deploying Gateway on BlueCat DNS/DHCP Server (Integrity 9.3.1 or greater only), BlueCat is responsible for maintaining the underlying BDDS operating system.
- 1 provisioned production server
- 1 provisioned lab/testing server (recommended)
Note: The servers are used to run the BlueCat Gateway application in a Docker container.
- Google Chrome® 81 or greater
- Mozilla Firefox® 75 or greater
- Internet Explorer® 11
- Microsoft Edge 79 or greater
- Docker™ Engine v20.10.x or greater
- Mirantis Kubernetes Engine (formerly Docker Enterprise) v19.03.5 or greater
- RedHat-compiled Docker v1.13.1
Tip: BlueCat recommends using Mirantis Kubernetes Engine.
- RedHat OpenShift Container Platform v4.3
- Python v3.9 (required only for workflow development)
Minimum system requirements
- CPU: 2GHz or greater
- RAM: 4GB
- 50GB free disk space
- Internet connection (required if you are pulling the image from a cloud registry or if you are using GitHub to do an import.)
Recommended system requirements
- CPU: 2 CPUs 2.5GHz or greater
- RAM: 8GB
- 100GB free disk spaceNote: Required disk space will vary depending on the tools and systems that are built on top of BlueCat Gateway.
- Ports 80 (for HTTP) and 443 (for HTTPS) should be open on the server running Docker
Attention: When executing the docker run command, exclude the -p 80:8000 parameter of the command if you are using HTTPS only.Note: Make sure you also open any user-defined ports that you use for the web service.