You can add and manage Anycast IP addresses, and view how many service nodes are using the Anycast IP addresses. Adding an Anycast VIP performs the following actions on Address Manager:
- Creates a host record that is a mapping between the FQDN of Anycast to the Anycast IP address. Active Directory requires this host record for sending GSS-TSIG updates.
- Creates a network for the Anycast IP address, if it does not exist in Address Manager.
- The number of Distributed DDNS Nodes associated to an Anycast address depends on the number of Distributed DDNS Nodes running with Anycast configured.
- This page only displays information of a virtual IP (VIP) that is manually added to the service node. You cannot configure Anycast IP addresses from this page. You must configure them when configuring the service node. For more information, refer to Service Node information.
Adding a VIP
- Click to add a new Anycast virtual IP address.
- In the FQND field, enter the fully qualified domain name of the Anycast VIP.
- In the IPv4 field, enter the IPv4 Anycast IP address.
- In the IPv6 field, enter the IPv6 Anycast IP address.
- Click Add.
Deleting a VIP
Click to delete an existing Anycast virtual IP address.