Use the Group Settings workflow to set a default landing page for specific user groups upon login to BlueCat Gateway, and to show or hide the BlueCat Gateway Help and Documentation for specific user groups.
- User group refers to groups defined by a BlueCatGateway UDF value stored on the BAM side (such as all).
- All non-admin users must be defined in the Group Settings workflow by a BlueCatGateway UDF value.
- Administrative users can be defined in the Group Settings workflow either by a BlueCatGateway UDF value or by a BlueCat Gateway user group created in Address Manager (this user group must be granted permissions in BlueCat Gateway).
Note: If a user does not have permissions to any workflows and has not been assigned a default landing page, then this user will receive a 403 error (Forbidden) upon login to BlueCat Gateway. This setting can be used to redirect to external resources as well, and is not limited to workflow pages of an active BlueCat Gateway instance.
- Log in to BlueCat Gateway as an administrative user.
- Under Group Settings. , click
- In the Group/UDF field, enter a BlueCatGateway UDF value, and then click Add Group.
- From the Groups list, select a BlueCatGateway UDF value or the name of a user group.
- Under Available Settings select landing_page, and then click Add Option.
In the Group Settings list, select
landing_page, then enter the workflow endpoint in the
text field. For example,
- Click Update.
BlueCat Gateway confirms that the selected workflow has been updated for the BlueCatGateway UDF.