Add DHCPv6 service deployment options to configure parameters such as lease times, class matching, and DDNS settings.
DHCPv6 service deployment options can be assigned from the following levels:
- Server Group
- IPv6 block
- IPv6 network
- DHCPv6 range
Attention: Deployment option inheritance
- Options set at higher levels are inherited at child or lower levels, unless overwritten at the lower level.
- When configuring deployment options, any options set at the server group level will override options set at the configuration level. Any deployment options set at the server level will override options set at the server group level including the configuration level.
- If you add options at the server level that will override the options previously set at the server group or configuration level, Address Manager displays options added at the server level overriding options set at the higher object level.
- To overwrite an inherited value at a lower level, you must create a new deployment option of the same type with the modified value. Editing an inherited deployment option at the child level actually edits the option at its original level. To override an inherited option, you must create a new instance of the option at the lower level.
To add a DHCPv6 service deployment option at the configuration level:
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the IP Space tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- Click the Deployment Options tab.
- Under Deployment Options, click New and select DHCPv6 Service Option.
Under General, select the option and set its
- Option—select a DHCP deployment option. When you select an option, parameter fields for the option appear.
Servers, select the servers or server group to
which the option will apply:
Note: You can't override deployment options set at the configuration level from the server group level if the deployment option is applied to a specific server within a server group.
- All Servers—applies the deployment option to all servers in the configuration.
- Server Group—applies the deployment option to a specific server group in the configuration. Select a server group from the drop-down menu.
- Specific Server—applies the deployment option to a specific server in the configuration. Select a server from the drop-down list.
- Under Change Control, add comments, if required.
- Click Add or Add Next to add another option.