Clear an IPv4 address assignment if you want to make the address available for a different use. You can re-assign cleared IPv4 addresses as necessary.
If the gateway address is linked to any of the following objects, these links will be deleted when you clear the gateway address assignment:
- MAC address
- Address name
- Access rights
To clear an IPv4 address:
- From the configuration drop-down, select a configuration.
- Select the IP Space tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- Under IPv4 Blocks, select the block containing the network with the address(es) that you want to clear.
- Under Blocks and Networks, select the network containing the address(es) that you want to clear.
Choose one of the following ways to clear the address assignment:
- Select the check box beside one or more IPv4 addresses that you want to clear, then click Action and select Delete Selected.
- Click on the allocated address, then click the address name menu and select Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm deletion.