Edit general options for a host record previously created in Address Manager.
To edit a host record:
- Select the DNS tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- Under DNS Views, click a DNS view.
- Under Top Level Domains, navigate to the top level domain, DNS zone, or DNS sub-zone where you want to add or edit a resource record.
- Click the Resource Records tab.
- Under Resource Records, click the Host record that you wish to edit.
- Click the Host record name menu and select Edit.
Under General, set the following parameters:
- Address—enter an IPv4 or IPv6 address for the host record. To add multiple addresses, click Add Another after typing each address.
- Auto Create Network—select to automatically create a network if a network containing the IP address or addresses specified in the Address field doesn't already exist.
- Reverse Record—select to create a PTR record for the host record.
- Override TTL—to change the time-to-live value for the record, select this option and enter a value in the field. Select a unit of time from the drop-down menu.
- Under Additional Information, enter notes describing the resource record in the Comments field.
- Under Change Control, add comments, if required.
- Click Update.