Add a BlueCat Cloud DNS server to an Address Manager configuration, or edit an existing server.
- Address Manager allows a maximum of one BlueCat Cloud DNS server per configuration. Though Address Manager will not prevent adding multiple BlueCat Cloud DNS servers via separate configurations, having multiple BlueCat Cloud DNS servers that use the same account details on an Address Manager server is not supported.
- BlueCat Cloud DNS servers can't be used in an xHA pair.
To add or edit a BlueCat Cloud DNS server:
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the Servers tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
Under Servers, click
If editing a server, click the server name. From the Details page, click the server name menu then select Edit.
Under Server, complete the following:
- Profile—select BlueCat Cloud DNS from the drop-down menu.
- Name—enter a name for the server. This name is used only in the Address Manager interface and isn't associated with deployed DNS data.
- User Name—enter your hosting service username.
- Account—enter your hosting service account name or number.
- Select Connect to server to connect to the server when you save the server profile. Deselect this check box if you don't want to connect to the server at this time.
- API Key—enter your hosting service API key.
- Location—(Optional) select a location from the drop-down menu on which the server object that you are adding or editing will be based. The most often used location objects will be shown at the top of the list followed by all other lists in alphabetical order.
- Under Change Control, add comments, if required.
- Click Add or Update.