The Notification Groups page lists notification groups that you have set up. From this page, you can add, view, apply tags to, and delete notification groups.
To add a notification group:
- Select the Administration tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on. Select the Administration tab again to ensure you are working with the Administration page.
- Under Tracking, click Notification Groups.
- Under Notification Groups, click New.
- Under General, enter a descriptive name for the notification group in the Group Name field.
Under Notification Type, select one of the following
from the Notification Type drop-down menu:
Note: Only one Notification Group can use the SNMP trap option. When you select this option, the Notification Group is automatically named SNMP Trap Group.
- Mail Message—select to notify group members of system events through email messages
- SNMP Trap—select to send system events through an SNMP trap
- Under Users and Groups, click Add User or Add Group. The Select Users pop-up window opens. Select one or more users or groups and click Select.
- Under Change Control, add comments, if required.
- Click Add.
Once you have created the notification group, you can click the name of the notification group to see additional details. The notification group Details tab provides information on created notification groups. From this page, you can view general details, tags assigned to the group, and view the group’s audit trail.