How to move deployment roles.
The Move Deployment Roles feature is used to move deployment roles from one server to another. For example, you can add two separate Other DNS servers each representing the same external DNS server to Address Manager. One server has a host name only from an import of delegation, and the second server has an IP address from an import of a stub zone.
To move a deployment role:
- Click the Servers tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so click the Servers tab again to ensure you are working with the Configuration information page.
- Under Server, click the server that has the deployment roles you want to move.
- Click the server name, then click Move Deployment Roles. The Move Deployment Roles page appears.
- Click Select Server Interface of the destination server. The Select Server Interface page appears.
- Click the destination server.
- Select the destination server interface, then click Add.
Under Role Types, select the deployment roles you want
- Select the Move DNS Deployment Roles check box to move DNS deployment roles to the destination server.
- Select the Move DHCP Deployment Roles check box to move DHCP deployment roles to the destination server.
- Click Apply. The deployment roles move to the destination server.