Use DHCPv4 client deployment options to add information that clients require, such as the IPv4 addresses of routers, DNS servers, and domain names.
You can add DHCPv4 client deployment options at these levels:
- Server group
- IPv4 block
- IPv4 network
- DHCPv4 range
- DHCP reserved address
For more information on the options and their parameters, refer to Reference: DHCPv4 Client options.
Attention: Deployment option inheritance
- Options set at higher levels are inherited at child or lower levels, unless overwritten at the lower level.
- When configuring deployment options, any options set at the server group level will override options set at the configuration level. Any deployment options set at the server level will override options set at the server group level including the configuration level.
- If you add options at the server level that will override the options previously set at the server group or configuration level, Address Manager displays options added at the server level overriding options set at the higher object level.
- To overwrite an inherited value at a lower level, you must create a new deployment option of the same type with the modified value. Editing an inherited deployment option at the child level actually edits the option at its original level. To override an inherited option, you must create a new instance of the option at the lower level.
To add DHCPv4 client deployment options at the configuration level:
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the IP Space tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- Select the Deployment Options tab.
- Under Deployment Options, click New, then select DHCP Client option.
Under General, select the option and set its
- Option—select a DHCP deployment option. When you select an option, parameter fields for the option display.
Under Servers, select the servers or Server Group to
which the option applies:
Note: You can't override deployment options set at the configuration level from the server group level if the deployment option is applied to a specific server within a server group.
- All Servers—applies the deployment option to all servers in the configuration.
- Server Group—applies the deployment option to a specific server group in the configuration. Select a server group from the drop-down list.
- Specific Server—applies the deployment option to a specific server in the configuration. Select a server from the drop-down list.
- Under Change Control, add comments, if required.
- Click Add or Add Next to add another option.