Clear an IPv4 address assignment if you want to make the address available for a different use. You can re-assign cleared IPv4 addresses as necessary.
Important: Clearing a gateway address assignment does not delete the gateway address itself; this action only deletes links to the gateway address. To delete the gateway address entirely, you must remove the address from the Custom Gateway field on the Edit IPv4 Network page.
If the gateway address is linked to any of the following objects, these links will be deleted when you clear the gateway address assignment:
- MAC address
If the gateway address is linked to any of the following properties, these links will still remain when you clear the gateway address assignment:
- Address name
- Access rights
Note: Once you clear the gateway address assignment, you can't restore links to these objects. You must manually re-establish all links to the gateway address.
To clear an IPv4 address:
- From the configuration drop-down, select a configuration.
- Select the IP Space tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- Under IPv4 Blocks, select the block containing the network with the address(es) that you want to clear.
- Under Blocks and Networks, select the network containing the address(es) that you want to clear.
Choose one of the following ways to clear the address assignment:
- Select the check box beside one or more IPv4 addresses that you want to clear, then click Action and select Delete Selected.
- Click on the allocated address, then click the address name menu and select Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm deletion.