Configure VLAN interfaces to xHA pairs. Each node in the xHA pair must have DNS/DHCP Server software version 9.2.0 or later.
When configuring xHA with VLAN interfaces, you must decide if you want to configure xHA with VLANs using the Primary Service IP address on the eth0 interface (default) or if you want to set the Primary Service IP address on a VLAN interface.
The following scenarios describe xHA with VLANs and dedicated management disabled. For details on using dedicated management with xHA and VLANs, refer to Managing xHA.
Primary Service IP address on eth0
- Add each DNS/DHCP Server to Address Manager.Important:
- Ensure the Primary Service IP address is on eth0. Don't change the Primary Service IP address from the Administration Console prior to adding the servers to Address Manager.
- Don't add VLAN interfaces to the individual DNS/DHCP Server before creating the xHA pair. Any VLAN interface configurations on the Passive node will be overwritten by the VLAN configurations of the Active node when creating xHA.
- Create xHA.
- Add VLAN interfaces to the xHA pair from the Address Manager user interface (Servers > xHA-pair-name> Service Configuration > Interfaces).
Primary Service IP address on a VLAN interface
- From the DNS/DHCP Server Administration Console of each server, create
one VLAN interface and assign it an IP address. Set this IP address as the
Primary Service IP address.Note:
- The Primary Service IP address of each server must be on the same subnet.
- If necessary, remove the factory default IP address on eth0. For details, refer to Removing the factory default address from eth0/bond0
- From the Address Manager user interface, add/replace each server using
the Primary Service IP address on the VLAN interface.Attention: If replacing servers that were previously under Address Manager control, you will need to reset services from the Replace Server page. This is as a result of changing the service interface from eth0 to a VLAN interface.
- Create xHA.
- Add VLAN interfaces to the xHA pair from the Address Manager user interface.