BlueCat advises the following best practices when enabling Gateway Service on BDDS appliances.
- Deploy a single image and a single container on a single BDDS
- Deploy Gateway on its own BDDS (if possible) to ensure normal operation of all BDDS services
- Use additional BDDS appliances for container redundancy to avoid a single point of failure
- Remove the image when disabling Gateway Service before an upgrade
- Do not use Docker volumes with Gateway Service on BDDS, use the default mounted Data and Logs directories. This ensures persistence of Gateway data when patching or upgrading BDDS.
- Use the Built-in workspace in BlueCat Gateway v20.12.1 or greater to deploy custom images for production
- Prior to upgrading a container, back up /root/gwdata/ and /var/log/gateway/