Anycast using RIP is a distance-vector protocol that can be deployed as an interior gateway protocol. The Quagga daemon in Address Manager will configure advanced RIP parameters.
To configure Anycast using RIP on a DNS Server:
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the Servers tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- Under Servers, click the name of a BDDS. The Details tab for the server opens.
- Click the server name menu and select Service Configuration.
- From the Service Type drop-down menu, select Anycast.
Under General Settings, set the following
- Enable Anycast Service—select this check box to enable Anycast service; deselect this check box to disable Anycast service.
- Protocol—select RIP. Different fields become available depending on the type of protocol that you select.
- IPv4 Address—enter the IPv4 address of the Anycast DNS server.
Set the optional authentication parameters:
- Authenticate—select this option to enable authentication. When selected, the Password field becomes available.
- Password—enter a password for authentication.
- Click Update.