The following limitations exist when using Gateway Service on a BDDS appliance:
- Gateway Service is supported on a BDDS appliance running only core DDI services (DNS, DHCP, and IPAM) and BlueCat Gateway. However, as a best practice, BlueCat recommends deploying Gateway Service on its own BDDS appliance to ensure proper operation of all BDDS services.
- Gateway Service and a DNS Edge Service Point on the same BDDS are not supported.
- Gateway Service is supported as a single image and a single container deployed via the BAM UI or the BAM API. Customers who need to run more than one Gateway container or more than one Adaptive application or plugin should deploy the containers on additional BDDS appliances.
- Multiple Gateway containers or other containers running on the same BDDS will not be supported.
- Gateway Service is not supported on xHA pairs. BAM will display an error message if you attempt to create an xHA pair with Gateway Service enabled on either of the nodes.