After editing a template, you can update multiple IPv4 objects that use the template by applying the template.
Note: Changes made to the template may conflict with address assignments and deployment options set on the IPv4 object. Address Manager provides several options for handling such conflicts, allowing you to apply or not apply the changes from the template.
To apply the updated IPv4 template to multiple IPv4 objects:
- Select the IP Space tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Under IPv4 Templates, navigate to an IPv4 template and click the IPv4 template.
Click the menu beside the IPv4 object
name and select
Note: Under Template beside the template name, you can see the number of IPv4 objects linked to the template.
Under What to Apply, you can select
Gateway, Reserved Addresses,
IP Groups, DHCP Range
Allocation, and Deployment Options:
- Gateway—select to apply the template setting for the gateway address to the IPv4 object. The intended address must be unallocated.
- Reserved Addresses—select to apply the reserved address ranges set in the template. Static and DHCP reserved addresses that have been manually set on the IPv4 object within the template ranges aren't overwritten.
- IP Groups—select to update the IP groups added from the previous template application and to add any new IP groups defined in the updated template.
- DHCP Range Allocation—select to apply DHCP reserved address ranges set in the template. When you select this option, the Convert all orphaned DHCP allocated IPv4 addresses to sub-option displays. You can select DHCP Reserved hosts, Static Hosts, or Unassigned Hosts.
- Deployment Options—select to apply deployment options set in the template. If a deployment option set in the template has been manually set on the IPv4 object, the template isn't applied and a warning message appears describing the conflict. If a deployment option previously applied by the template has been manually edited on the IPv4 object, the template isn't applied and a warning message appears describing the conflict. To remove the conflict, delete the conflicting deployment option from either the template or the IPv4 object. Select Apply to non-conflicted networks only if you want to apply the deployment options to non-conflicted IPv4 objects. You can also click Download to download a csv file containing information of the conflicted IPv4 objects.
If there are deployment conflicts, you can select the following options under
How to Resolve Deployment Option Conflicts:
- Use Network Settings - Template deployment options don't overwrite conflicting Network deployment options
- Use Template Settings - Template deployment options overwrite conflicting Network deployment options
- Click Apply.