The following section outlines the steps to add a user-defined link type.
To add a user-defined link type:
- Select the Administration tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Administration page.
- Under Data Management, click User Defined Link Types.
- Click the New icon above the User-Defined Link Types table.
Under General, set the following parameters:
- Link Type—enter a unique name for the
user-defined link type.Note:
- You cannot enter a Link Type that is a reserved link type name. For a list of reserved link type names, refer to Reference: Reserved link type names.
- You cannot enter a Link Type that begins with the prefix "BCN_".
- The Link Type field is not case-sensitive.
- You cannot edit the Link Type value.
For more UDL name best practices, see Best practices for UDF and UDL names
- Link Type Name—enter the name for the user-defined link type that will be displayed in the Address Manager UI.
- Description (optional)—enter the description for the user-defined link type.
- Link Type—enter a unique name for the user-defined link type.
Under Object Types, set the following parameters:
- Source Entity Types—select the source entity types from the drop-down menu. Click Add.
- Destination Entity Types—select the corresponding destination entity types from the drop-down menu. Click Add.
- Under Change Control, add comments, if required.
- Click Add.
Once you have added a user-defined link type, you will be redirected to the User-Defined Link Types page, where you can view the details in tabular form. Click to expand the arrow (>) icons under Source Type or Destination Type to display multiple source or destination entity types.
Note: The equivalent API method to add a user-defined link type in Address Manager is: POST /v1/addUserDefinedLink