To link a naming policy to a DNS view or zone:
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the DNS tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- Under DNS Views, click a DNS view.
Click the Naming Policy tab to link a naming policy to
To link a naming policy to a DNS zone, click the Zones tab and navigate to a DNS zone. On the DNS zone information page, click the Naming Policy tab.
- Under Naming Policy, click Action and select Link Naming Policy.
Under General, set the naming policy options:
- Naming Policy—select a naming policy from the drop-down list.
- Children Inherit—select to have child objects inherit the naming policy from the parent object. For DNS views, this option is selected by default and can't be cleared. For DNS zones, you can select or clear this option.
- Link for these Object Types—the Available and Selected lists show the items to which the naming policy may be applied. The naming policy will be applied to items in the Selected list. The naming policy won't be applied to items in the Available list. By default, all objects within a view or zone to which a naming policy can be applied appear in the Selected list.
Double-click on an item in the list to move it to the other list, or click an item and use the Deselect and Select buttons to move the item.
- Under Change Control, add comments, if required.
- Click Link.