You can configure various fundamental system settings from Configuration Mode.
The following items can be configured from Configuration Mode:
When you enter configuration mode, the Administration Console prompt changes to indicate the item being configured. For example, if you want to set an IP address, you must run the configure interfaces command. The prompt indicates that you are in Configuration Mode and that you are configuring the interfaces context:
Proteus> configure interfaces Proteus:configure:interfaces>
Entering configuration mode
- From Main Session mode, type configure and press Tab or ENTER to view a list of configurable items.
- Type ? to view a description of each configurable item:
- Additional—configure backup and database. For details, refer to Configuring additional options.
- Database—database access and replication settings. For more information, refer to Database settings
- BAM Firewall—configure firewall to start, stop, or reset. For details, refer to Configuring firewall settings.
- Interfaces—configure network interface settings such as address and netmask. For details, refer to Interface settings.
- JMX—set the JMX password to access Address Manager via a Java application. For details, refer to Setting the JMX password.
- License—License settings. For details, refer to Updating the license.
- Mail—(BAM only) Mail server settings. For details, refer to Mail service.
- Name-server—DNS/name server settings. For details, refer to DNS Name Servers.
- Network—Network settings. For details, refer to Network settings.
- Querylogging—(BDDS only) Channel log file settings. For details, refer to Querylogging.
- Serial—serial settings. For details, refer to Serial port.
- System—system settings. For details, refer to System settings.
- System-Time—system time settings. For details, refer to System time.
- Users—User account settings. For details, refer to User management.
- Type configure <item> and press ENTER to configure commands and parameters for that item.
- Once in the configuration mode for a particular item/context, type ?
to view an example of the required values for that item/context. For
Proteus> configure interfaces Proteus:configure:interfaces> modify eth0 Proteus:configure:interfaces:eth0> set address ? IP address AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD where each part is in the range 0-255 Interface IP Proteus:configure:interfaces:eth0> set address
Exiting configuration mode
Type exit and press Enter. All changes are discarded if you don't save them before you exit.
Saving or discarding Configuration Mode changes
Changes made in configuration mode don't take effect until you save them. You can review your changes before saving them. If you aren't satisfied with your changes or if you discover an error, you can reset the items or discard the changes and start again.
Use the following commands to review, save changes or discard changes and return to Main Session mode:
- Reviewing unsaved changes—in a specific configuration mode, such as network configuration mode, to review all unsaved changes type show unsaved and press ENTER. The Administration Console shows the unsaved changes for that area.
- Saving changes—to save your changes and return to Main Session mode, type save and press ENTER.
- Discarding Changes—to discard your changes and return to Main Session mode, type exit and press ENTER.